La Celia was born in 1882, the year in which Eugenio Bustos, its founder, decided to move south of the river Tunuyan in order to develop an estate where he planted the first Malbec vine from France.
The construction of the winery started in 1890, and was the first one to settle in the Uco Valley. The winery was named La Celia in honour of Eugenio’s daughter, Celia Bustos. When she inherited the property, she used her strong personality and leadership to convert them into prosperous vineyards of worldwide quality.
In 2000, La Celia was acquired by the Viña San Pedro Tarapacá Wine Group (VSPT Wine Group), a leading company in the wine business both in Chile and Argentina. Thus, the winery has been expanded, renovated and equipped with state of the art technology combining classical architecture with modern machinery.